Newspapers

Two types of newspapers: 
  • Tabloid - The Sun, Daily MAil, etc.
  • Broadsheet - The Times, The Indapendant
Ownership (The Sun):
Owned by News UK, part of American Mass Media conglomerate, News Corp, Rupers Murdoch is the executive chairman.

The Indapendent:
  • Last printed edition: 26th March, 2016
  • Only available digitally
  • The 'I' was launched as a competitor for free papers & is a sister company to The Indapendent
  • The 'I' is only 20p
  • The 'I' is owned by JPIMedia
Anchorage: A way in which text is used to help pin down the mood/meaning.

Red Tops: Tabloid papers are sometimes identified as 'red tops' due to their red mastheads.

Independent Press Standards Organisatio (IPSO): Ensure that magazines and newspapers follow 'Editors Code' - for example, harrassment of celebritie from journalists and photographers.

Stuart Hall - Preferred/Negotiated/Oppostitional:

Preffered Reading: When audiences respond to the product in a way media producers excpect/want them to.

Negotiated Reading: When a member of the audience partially agrees with part of the production (e.g documentaries).








Comments